CURRENT (WASH AND GO) CURLY HAIR PRODUCTS + ROUTINE (PART 1)

by - 7:14 PM

When it comes to my hair it usually involves using products that I've really researched about (because you want to use products with good reviews, of course) and experimenting with them (by switching up the products sometimes - to find out what really works for your hair). If I know something is definitely doing my hair good, then it's a keeper! Most of my routine is what has inspired me from YouTube videos and whatever has worked from them, to help me with my routine.



The cleaning process:



  1. I start my hair wash by wetting my hair with warm water and use the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo (sometimes the ORS Sulfate-free shampoo - when I know I'm probably not going out for a few days), only shampooing the area near my roots. 
  2. I then apply the Aussie Reconstructor deep conditioner (THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT - I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR AROUND 3 YEARS NOW!) to the rest of my hair, and some more onto the ends of my hair, comb my hair (root to end) and tie it around into a quick bun. 
  3. I leave it to settle in and what not whilst I do the rest of my business in the shower. After I've done doing whatever, I wash everything out with cold water. 
  4. Now, I'm not going to lie, loads of curly hair girls say to use a tshirt, but I use a towel to dry my hair (idk, I'm just lazy), and my hair isn't really frizzy, so it doesn't bother me much. 
  5. Once the water has been soaked out, I do not comb it or anything again, I just use the towel to scrunch my hair (to keep the consistent curl pattern in place). 
Now onto the 'aftercare':



  1. I use the ORS coconut oil and apply that all over my hair, scrunch and use a little extra, to massage my scalp and the ends of my hair. 
  2. I started using the Aunt Jackie's Defining Curl Custard, or any curl pudding/custard in fact for a few months now, and it seems to be doing a good job - I apply this by scrunching it into my hair.
  3. I then use the Eco Styler gel (which is something again I've only started using) and again scrunch this into my hair as well (it does its job to!). 
  4. Finally, I use the Hawaiian Silk 14 in 1 as my heat protector and apply that all over, lightly finger combing it in and scrunching again.
  5. I do not air dry, so I use a blow dryer with a diffuser to dry my hair and make sure it's on the coolest setting.  I tend to use the blow dryer to dry my hair around 85% dry.
  6. Near the end of my blow drying, I take a little more coconut oil and apply it onto my hair, go back to diffusing, and then after a while take the diffuser off the dryer and for a few seconds use the cool heat to go over my hair for a final time (focusing on the roots - helps to add a little more volume I guess). 
AND THAT'S THE END OF MY ROUTINE!

As mentioned, some of these products I've only started using recently, but for me, the combination of using my current recent and old products in my routine seems to be doing the job in keeping my curls consistent, healthy and overall in a reasonably good condition. My hair definitely changes when the weather changes, so since spring is here, it's been having a positive impact on my hair, compared to winter time (when it goes all nasty and flat and yucky!). To also keep my hair in good condition I usually trim my hair once a month or every 2/3 months now (since I've been deep conditioning my hair - which I will put in a different post). 

I hope this helps some of you guys! Let me know what you guys use and do any of you guys recommend another Shea Moisture shampoo because I want to try another line from it?

Thanks everyone! :) <3

P.S. at night I put my hair into a quick pineapple. 














You May Also Like

0 comments