ABSURD BIRD

by - 7:49 PM



Where: 25 Peter St, Soho, London W1F 0AH
Rating: 5/5
What I ordered: AB Traditional (Fried chicken, Absurd gravy and waffle topped with maple syrup) and chips. My friend had also ordered mac and cheese on the side.

The one meal I wanted to try before I die, was chicken and waffles. I thought in order to accomplish this, I'd have to travel to America. Luckily, my friend found this place and my food dream came true!!! It's a small restaurant, with industrial lights. The seating is a bit awkward, as you either sit on the sofa side or stools. Apart from that, the food did not disappoint. I'm a major fan of sweet and salty flavours together, and they made it pair perfectly. The saltiness from the well seasoned boneless fried chicken and sweetness from the waffle and maple syrup, was just wow! It was the perfect balance. That gravy was different, I can't explain the taste of it, but I was fan of it. It complimented it all well (btw, I would dip my food in it, whilst eating, instead of just pouring it on top). To be honest, depending on how hungry you are, you don't need sides with it, as the meal alone was pretty filling. I've been back a second time, and I can't wait to go back again!

Heads up:
- Small location, (not sure if all locations are small) - so best to book in advanced.

Be sure to check my previous post on 500 DEGREES


Follow my instagram food page: @nafisahthdevours



















You May Also Like

0 comments