FISH, WINGS AND TINGS

by - 7:10 PM




Where: Brixton Village, Brixton, London SW9 8JL
Rating: 5/5

What I ordered: Codfish fritters, Jerk chicken with rice and peas and rum punch.

Sometimes finding a good West Indian restaurant can be difficult. Even though, they're selling the same food, it can be a hit and miss. With Fish, Wings and Tings, that was not the case. The codfish fritters, were better than saltfish fritters. There were hints of spring onions (and I love spring onions), they were light and fluffy and there wasn't that overwhelming saltiness. The sauce, which was a mix of sweet and sour, complimented them really well and as it was a thin consistency, it made the balance even better. The jerk chicken meal was the PERFECT portion. The chicken wasn't dry, which made the meal even more enjoyable and the flavours on that plate were amazinggg! There was the subtle spice and heat from the jerk, and then there was the sweetness from the bbq tamarind sauce, coleslaw and mango/pineapple chutney. To accompany my food, I got rum punch (which did not lack any Wray and Nephew at all lol). I recommend eating here during the summer. It's the perfect setting to enjoy good food, company and the weather.  To conclude, I can't wait to go back!... Even if that means, going during the winter period. 

Heads up:
- Only outside dining, so it's best to go in the summer.

Be sure to check my previous post on ABSURD BIRD 


Follow my instagram food page: @nafisahthdevours

You May Also Like

0 comments