SOME LIPPY AND MASCARA

by - 6:51 PM

Sooo, here is my first ever beauty post! It's what I've collected since around October. It's not much since I've only since then really starting wearing 'make up', but, my collection only consists of lipsticks and mascaras because I'm more '#teamnatural' I guess. 

Let's get started...

LIPSTICKS

The placement of my lipsticks throughout this post aren't placed in order of favourite to least favourite, but I'll be sure to point out my favs as I go along. 

Before anything, I put this Blistex lip balm on my lips to keep them moisturized. It smells good and it tastes nice lol.


Now onto the fun part...




1. Topshop - Boardroom | 2.  Barry M - 150 | 3. Revlon Matte Balm - Sultry 225 | 4. Sleek Matte -Vamp 

I tried my best to show you some swatches, which hopefully gives you guys an idea of the colour pigment for each lipstick. 



  1. Topshop - Boardroom 


This lipstick is DEFINITELYYY one of my favs. It looks quite natural on my lips and stands out at the same time, but does not look too overpowering. It's meant to be a matte balm lipstick, and is more on the balm side, however, it is noticeable to see it is matte as it does not look glossy/shimmery. Oh yeah, and how can I forget! It has a rose scent to it, which I wasn't expecting and luckily the scent isn't bad. :)

2. Barry M - 150


This was the first lipstick I ever got. In a way it looks like a nude, but depending on how much you apply, it can either look subtle or have a strong pinky/nudey pigment. It's probably one of my least favourites because of the colour, but give me slack lol, it was the first time I bought lipstick - I was new to it all back then lol. 

3. Revlon Matte Balm - Sultry 225


This is another one of my favsss. I had been searching for this shade for a while and finally found it! Not gonna lie sometimes it looks a bit tooo much on the pink when I have it on, but I don't know if that might be because I'm overlooking it sometimes, but despite that, I still LOVE IT! <3 This definitely applies matte and is moisturizing when it's on and just like the Topshop one has a scent, a minty one. 

3. Sleek - Matte Vamp


This is another fav (probably my 3rd fav). For this one, the pic doesn't highlight how dark of a red it appears and when I swatch it, it also comes out as a nice dark vampy red, HOWEVER, when I put it on my lips it just looks like a normal red with a slightly dark pigment, being not as much of the pigmented dark vampy red that I was expecting. It's still cute though, so it'll do. This straight appears the most matte compared to the others; the only annoying thing about this lipstick is that it easily smudges, so one accidental touch might make it look a tad messy. 

MASCARAS

Now onto the mascaras - this part will more brief.


Yellow bottle - NYC Big Volume | Pink bottle - Maybelline Great Lash (BIG)

Yellow bottle - NYC Big Volume


This was the first mascara I purchased and it definitely does it what it says, makes your eyelashes bold and long. It's worth the purchase.

Pink bottle - Maybelline Great Lash (BIG)


This was the second mascara I got. This also does what it says and is similar to the NYC one, but this one does not make your eyelashes look as long as the NYC one does, but it is still a good mascara.


Now this long post has finally come to an end!
What lipsticks/mascaras do you guys recommend (and I'm asking this as a genuine question)? Also, does anyone know a colour that is similar to the Sleek Vamp lipstick, but looks more dark (and is NOT expensive - SO NO MAC BRANDS! lol) and know any similar colours to the 'Revlon Sultry', but with a less pink pigment and maybe with more of a brown undertone? Comment below!

I hope you guys enjoyed my first beauty type post! <3

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm becoming like a lipstick junkie, I loveeee Matte anything! (Because I feel as though they last longer and its not as high maintenance lol). I just ordered me some new colors from LaSplash Cosmetics!! Check out their Instagram and or website. They have a really, gorgeous burgundy (really deep) red matte lipstick called Ravens Claw that's only $12. (They do charge for shipping) but I think it'll be worth it!! Here's the link: http://shop-lasplashcosmetics.com/makeup/lips/lipstick/smitten-liptint.html. If you want something cheaper, try NYX they have a matte burgundy that's like $6 called "Sin" I believe! <33 hoped I helped a little lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I love matte to! But seriously, thanks alot; I'll make sure I check those ones, especially the NYX one. <3

      Delete